About our Lapiplasty Bunion Correction
For the right patient, and in the hands of the right surgeon, Lapiplasty is the only procedure that offers a near-zero percent of bunion recurrence for serious to severe bunion deformities.
The advantages of the Lapiplasty bunion correction
Our Lapiplasty patients have speedier recoveries, with little or no pain, less downtime, earlier weight-bearing, and minimal scarring for many reasons, including:
- We correct the bunion at the source of the deformity using patented instrumentation to manipulate the deviated bone back to its original position without cutting the bone.
- 3D images aid the surgeon with clearly seeing each joint in the foot and ankle to can identify any alignment problems and determine how best to correct them.
- Our time-tested post-surgical anti-inflammation protocols remove the need for major narcotics. Our patients will rarely take more than one or two pain pills after surgery.
- Our fellowship-trained experienced surgeons take great care of the patient’s tissue with surgical precision. It takes years of training and effort to perform perfect dissection, which is key to eliminating pain and scarring.
How is Lapiplasty performed?
Our surgeons use 3D imaging (medically known as C-arm CT) to design and perform the surgery on your metatarsal bone. This technique allows crystal-clear images to observe the intricacies of the foot and ankle during surgery.
These 3D images aid the surgeon with clearly seeing each joint in the foot and ankle to can identify any alignment problems and determine how best to correct them.
With the high-quality images in hand, our surgeons use patented instrumentation to manipulate the deviated bone back to its original position without cutting the bone, naturally realigning the foot and straightening the big toe, and alleviating the bump and accompanying pain.
Once proper alignment is achieved, Lapiplasty uses innovative bone fixation technology to secure the bones.
At the end of the surgery, we administer a proprietary long-acting local anesthesia cocktail. The longer a person is numb, the better the chance for them to relax and heal.
Bunion Surgery Doesn’t Have to be Painful
When you choose a bunion surgeon with extensive experience in the latest bunion correction techniques, your surgery and recovery can be virtually pain-free. Yes, really.
Post-surgical pain results from movement and swelling. If we can control these factors, we can control our patient’s pain, which we are known for.
We control bunion surgery pain by:
- Taking great care of the tissue with surgical precision. Never “hacking away” at the tissue. This takes years of training and effort to perform a great dissection.
- Performing a stable fixation to immobilize the bones. Hypermobility in the bones is one of the main causes of swelling and pain after surgery. Through the use of our advanced fixation technology, the bone is held properly in the area of correction resulting in less improper movement, less swelling, and ultimately less pain medicine.
- Using a proprietary long-acting local anesthesia cocktail.
- Fitting our patients with a stability boot to immobilize the foot. By holding the foot stable, there is less movement, resulting in less swelling and less pain.
Why choose the Bunion Institute for your bunion treatment or surgery?
At the Bunion Institute (an affiliate of the University Foot and Ankle Institute), we take our patients’ safety seriously. Our facility’s Covid-19 patient safety procedures exceed all CDC recommendations. Masks are required in our institutes at all times.
To schedule a consultation, please call (855) 814-3600 or make an appointment now.
We are conveniently located throughout the Los Angeles area with locations in or near Santa Monica (on Wilshire Blvd.), Beverly Hills, West Los Angeles, Manhattan Beach, Northridge, Downtown Los Angeles, Westlake Village, Granada Hills, and Valencia California, to name a few.